Ours is a nation of marriages. As soon as neighborhood's douchebag uncles & aunties notice a young, marriageable dude / chick; they arm themselves with details of "eligible lifepartners" and start thinking when the fuck should they pounce on the poor guy/girl.
But, do they really know what marriage should be and is all about?
Well, have no fear as Disgruntled Genius is here with simple criteria - the most important ones though - on which EVERY marriage should be based. Otherwise its all junk.
Firstly, Marriage is NOT about -
- Kickass rich guy / chick
- Good family
- Groom has kickass Family business / Bride's father wants a heir for his kickass business
- Settling in life
- Papa ke friend ki beti / beta
Its ONLY about -
- Whether the guy / chick is compatible with you - in levels of demented-ness i.e. whether they are as mad and crazy as you?
- Whether you see them as a companion for life (esp in moments when you know you'll be at your weakest) - ultimately this is what we marry for.
- Whether they FULLY understand what you want and why you want it?
- Doesnt matter if they are perfect for the damn world.. are they perfect for you.. SPECIFICALLY?
- Whether they are able to respect your smallest of achievements or not?
Everything else is hogwash.
So, the next time some uncle or aunty comes to your home with details of "eligible morons" , ask them these questions and gladly watch them run away cursing you.
This post was a part of DG's Social responsibility towards ending the terror regime of these marriage expert uncles & aunties.
Related posts : A Tribute to the Aunties